The Materials Specialist will maintain storeroom supplies and equipment. Order and deliver supplies and equipment for various areas. Responsibilities include maintaining inventory levels and neatness of cart systems in assigned areas throughout the Medical Center, running medical supplies to areas upon request, collect, clean and distribute medical equipment throughout the Medical Center, function in a dispatcher role, assist in maintaining accurate inventory and neatness in onsite stockroom, assist in Receiving as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Skills Required :
- Previous experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Experience in Materials handling preferred.
- Computer knowledge required.
Physical Requirement :
- Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with the dispatcher and healthcare professionals, etc.
- Must be able to read, write and have legible handwriting
Working Environment :
- Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty pounds.
- Job requires sitting and frequent standing and pushing carts.
- Will work primarily inside throughout the Medical Center, standing on feet most of an entire shift.
- Conditions may be very cold and very hot depending on outside temperature.
Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems - 12 months ago