This position is for Magna Seating Detroit, a division of Magna Seating.
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
Magna Seating Detroit is a world-class assembler of seats for Chrysler, Ford and GM.
Under the direction of the Materials Manager, the Materials Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of the Materials Warehouse. Plans, directs and coordinates activities including safety, quality, productivity and employee relations. Oversee Materials Supervisors and Shipping/Receiving Coordinators for all business units.
• Supervises Materials Supervisors and Shipping/Receiving Coordinators for all business units including but not limited to planning, assigning, directing and coordinating their day-to-day activities.
• Ensures all shifts have proper staffing at all times. Communicates need for new job postings; and coordinates employee transfers and communicates timing.
• Creates purchase requisitions for warehouse items (supplies, maintenance work orders, etc).
• Audits Materials Warehouse systems to ensure processes are followed (pre-shifts, incoming audits, yard management).
• Follows up on day to day issues with employees and union.
• Generates and implements warehouse improvements in safety, efficiency, inventory accuracy and housekeeping.
• Develops and maintains Materials Job Evaluation Sheets (JES).
• Develops and tracks internal key measurements for Materials team’s performance.
• Works with Materials Supervisors to resolve downtown.
• Ensures all Company policies, procedures, plant standards and safety rules are consistently adhered to.
• Collaborates with the Department Manager and Human Resources Manager in the administration of disciplinary action, when necessary.
• Monitors, maintains and records employees’ time related to the Attendance and Time-Off Policies (e.g. vacation, medical day, bereavement, jury duty, etc). Records approved time-off requests in E-Time; and ensures required time-off requests with supporting documentation are processed completely and timely.
• Provides timely feedback on work performance including but not limited to safety/housekeeping, quality/accuracy, quantity, attendance/punctuality, job knowledge, adaptability, initiative, teamwork/communication and judgment/comprehension. Ensures timely completion of performance reviews based on established schedule.
Minimum of five (5) years of materials supervisory experience in a tier-one automotive manufacturing facility. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Team oriented, communicates well with others, and able to interact with people at al levels and departments
Magna - 12 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....