The Materials Support Shop Supervisor is responsible for the daily administration and operation of the FE&P Material Support. This person is responsible for maintaining adequate levels of inventory, procuring non-inventory material goods and services in support of operations of FE&P personnel and other Rice community members, and maintaining the warehouse in clean, safe condition, including maintaining security over the facility and inventory. This position supervises MSS staff members, reviews effectiveness of operating procedures, maintenance, space utilization and protection of equipment and makes recommendations for improvement.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Experience in procurement of maintenance, repair and operating supplies with at least three years of supervisory experience of a maintenance, repair and operating supply warehouse and related support of support staff.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Valid Texas driver's license (or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment) required with no more than three moving violations within the past 36 months and no convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years.
- Ability to pass and maintain annual proof of driver insurability.
- Be currently licensed or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Texas C Commission on Environmental Quality Class B Operator license for underground storage tank facility operation with three months of employment.
- Receive and understand parts order requests in both verbal and written formats.
- Locate a broad range of materials required at best quality, price and delivery.
- Use electronic database systems and other selected software tools to perform data management tasks a and provide information on stock levels and related activity.
- Perform job tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Handle difficult situations involving customers and vendors with diplomacy, courtesy and tact.
- Perform job related record keeping tasks with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Operate computers, printers, faxes, copiers, communication devices and other types of office equipment.
- Operate mobile and material handling equipment such as vans, pickup trucks, golf carts, forklifts, pallet jacks and general shop tools.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and conduct periodic inventory cycle counts and annual inventory department counts.
Rice University - 17 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...