Florida Virtual School is changing the face of education.
Our student-centric approach means that every member of our team—no matter the position or job responsibilities—has the opportunity to positively impact the education of students in our program.
Every job here has a greater purpose and influence than those in traditional organizations.
We are proud of our team and to continue our mission in delivering high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success in the 21
century, we look to hire only the best.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is the leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions throughout the United States and the world.
FLVS offers more than 100 courses, including core subjects, world languages, electives, honors and Advanced Placement courses.
Enrollment is open to public, private, and home school students.
FLVS has over 1,300 staff members and serves over 90,000 active students.
Florida Virtual School’s total rewards package offers much more than just a pay check!
Exposure to cutting-edge technology development/application, world class business development initiatives and career advancement opportunities only add to our comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, educational assistance and paid time off.
Additionally, Florida Virtual School is a member of the Florida Retirement System offering pension/investment retirement plans.
These benefits often add a value of several thousands of dollars to the total compensation package!
The Materials Technician is responsible for the daily packaging and shipment of electronic and physical resources to students.
The Materials Technician is responsible for receiving, shelving, and organizing inventory, to include the distribution of electronic student materials, maintaining accurate records of the inventory levels in stock, placing orders as needed, updating student account information, and creating all inventory reports required by management.
The Materials Technician will also provide general clerical and office facilities support, to include installing and moving office equipment and furniture.
To view a detailed job description, please
For consideration for this position, candidates must meet all of the job requirements as listed below:
- High school degree or GED equivalent required
- Associate’s degree or relevant trade-school certification, preferred
- One year of shipping/receiving, mailroom/stockroom, or other relevant inventory experience required
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process daily materials requests including packing boxes and stamping envelopes
- Prepare items to be shipped by attaching labels and verifying shipping addresses are accurate
- Compute freight or postal rates, and record the weight and cost of each shipment
- Keep the inventory systems up to date according to department policy for electronic and physical inventory
- Serve as a liaison between all departments for materials distribution fulfillment, troubleshooting and process improvements; provide customer support to both internal and external clients
- Ensure that all materials ordered are acknowledged within department defined metrics, including complying with the Finance department’s Business Scorecard Materials Distribution requirements
- Ensure that the electronic materials required inventory levels are maintained per department policy
- Participate in department planning and status meetings as required
- Maintain confidentiality of all student information as required by applicable laws, regulations and internal policies
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)