NEW ROLE LOCATED IN OUR LARGEST PRODUCTION FACILITY IN CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH.
The AMI Materials and Distribution Manager provides accountability, leadership and hands-on work knowledge to ensure effective and efficient operations of the entire materials flow into a large and complex manufacturing plant. This position requires the ability to set and lead aggressive departmental obligations to the plant, allowing manufacturing lines to meet production requirements and exceed company goals.
- As a member of the Plant Leadership Team, contribute to the continuous improvement of operations and productivity through effective hiring, coaching and leadership of the department.
- Leading the continuous activities of materials and distribution functions, driving out waste and non value added activity of all affected processes throughout the supply chain.
- Create and execute achievable work and process objectives; leads department to meet commitments and work within the guidelines the plant and the company.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for all operational activities.
- Oversee the material receiving activities to ensure materials received are what was ordered, correct quantities, undamaged, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of pickups/deliveries of waste materials for recycling and to ensure compensation is received.
- Review all paperwork in order to plan work activities, schedule appropriate personnel and balance loads.
- Support the order manufacturing process by working extensively with Corp. purchasing representatives, production personnel and customer service to ensure we experience no stock outs.
- 10+ years combined experience in materials and distribution management in a manufacturing environment (combination of both strongly preferred).
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or similar discipline
- Experience with MRP and JIT inventory practices is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a team-first mentality
- Experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access), AS400, AIMS and other mainframe applications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated Materials is a leading manufacturer of professionally installed exterior building products. It is able to meet the wide variety...