NOTE: This position will begin Fall 2013.
Teaches students Mathematics, coordinates the Mathematics program and participates in shared governance.
Supervises and instructs a diverse population of students in a classroom and/or lab setting; develops written syllabi/course outlines and course materials; evaluates knowledge of subject matter taught and monitors students' scholastic records; prepares and grades exams; develops and enhances knowledge of subject matter taught and individual training skills required to remain current with new trends and developments in the field and to promote the scholarship of teaching and learning through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, and/or workshops; maintains office hours to assist and advise students; engages in the academic life of the college by participating in District wide and campus committees; provides accurate and complete explanations of mathematical concepts when presented with spontaneous questions from students; uses instructional technologies such as learning management systems, online resources, and so on.
Please Note: If selected for a Residential Faculty position, in order to reach appointive status, 21 graduate semester hours in MAT or STP prefixes must be obtained. If 21 hours of graduate credit cannot be validated at the time of hire, a program must be developed in concert with the individual involved, the department chair, and the appropriate dean to remove the deficiency during the probationary period.
- Master's in any teaching field with 24 upper division and/or graduate semester hours with Math or Statistics and Probability prefixes, or Master's in any teaching field with 18 graduate semester hours with Math or Statistics and Probability prefixes, or a Master's in Mathematics. Note: A maximum of 9 upper division/graduate semester hours in Math Education or Math content areas with Physics or Engineering prefixes may be counted toward the 24 at the discretion of the Math department/divison chair.
Note: A maximum of 6 semester graduate hours of math education may be counted toward the 21 hours at the discretion of the department/divison chair.
- EDU250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College - or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire.
Special Working Conditions
- Five (5) or more years' of 8th grade through college teaching experience with a preferred teaching load consisting primarily of developmental courses (below college-level mathematics)
- Evidence of active involvement in developmental education beyond teaching such as participation in committees, workshops, professional organizations, and other activities
- Evidence of interactive and creative techniques used to reach developmental students with diverse learning styles
May be required to instruct at multiple sites and/or assigned to teach days, evening or weekends. May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
Address all desired qualifications in a succinct and thorough cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. A Course Completion Form must be completed in order to be considered for this position. This position will begin Fall 2013.
Maricopa County Community College District - 2 years ago