SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
Title: MATTRESS SUPPLY
Responsible for keeping the mattress building feed conveyor full of materials. Suppliers work off the daily schedule and place the proper innersprings, panels and filling materials together as a unit on the conveyor in a timely manner.
*1. Lifts, carries and places innerspring unit on conveyor (up to 60 lbs). Opens crates of springs as needed.
*2. Lifts, carries and places insulators and upholstery items on innerspring.
*3. Lifts, carries and places cover on insulators.
*4. Pushes innerspring units and components along the conveyor as needed.
*5. Carries bales of foam to work area and opens.
*6. Pushes carts of covers to work area from storage area.
*7. Brings innerspring units to work area form storage areas and crate opening area.
*8. Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner. Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
9. Opens crates of springs.
10. Provides assistance to other production functions as requested, and provides backup janitorial support.
11. Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Basic ability to read and write English
2. Prior assembly or manufacturing experience
Training period for this position is approximately one month
1. Ability to sort items along with good organizational skills
2. Good hand/eye coordination
3. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by Serta, or Federal/State/Local agencies
Work requires frequent/constant walking and working at a fast pace in order to keep line supplied. Work involves exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment. Work also involves lifting product (up to 60 lbs) on a regular basis.
SUPERVISED BY: Plant Manager and Plant Supervisor; may receive direction from the Plant Administrator
Serta Mattress Company - 17 months ago