The Summer Youth Employment Program, administered by the Mayor’s Office provides jobs for the young people, ages 14-18, so they can learn to navigate in a business environment, contribute to the community, gain life skills, explore a specific profession and earn money.For more information contact Darlene Young at 203-854-7702.
Examples of Duties:
Applications will be accepted from
March 4 – March 31, 2013, 11:59 P.M.
To be considered for Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program, applicant must:
- Be at least 14 years old as of May 1, 2013;
- Not be older than 18 years old as of July 1, 2013;
- Be a Norwalk resident.
PLEASE PRINT THIS POSTING AS A REFERENCE TO HELP YOU COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
I. JOB INTRODUCTION
• The SYEP is a competitive program and is NOT done on a first come first serve basis.
• The position pays $8.25 an hour.
• Program begins in July and runs through August.
• You will receive information about the time and location of your interview. Interviews will take place in May.
• If selected, all new participants are required to participate in week-long job etiquette training during the last week of June.
II. HOW DO I APPLY
All applications must be submitted on-line.
WE NO LONGER ACCEPT PAPER, FAXED OR E-MAILED APPLICATIONS.
If you do not have access to a computer you may apply at the following locations:
City Hall in the Personnel Department, Room 123
G.W. Carver Center
Roodner Court Neighborhood Center
Computer Learning Center (20 West Avenue)
Norwalk Library, Main & South Norwalk Branches
Please take note of the following information:
• Please write down your user-name and password as that is the only way for you to get into your account in the future.
• For individuals that are re-applying you must use your log in information from last year's recruitment. If you do not have/remember your password and user-name from previous year please click on the "I Forgot My User Name and/or Password" link located on the "Are you Registered" page or click here to retrieve your log in info An e-mail will be send to your e-mail account (the one used when you initially created your on-line application) with forgotten information.
• All applicants must successfully complete and submit the on-line application to be considered for the program. If done correctly, you will be taken to a “Certify & Submit” page (it should look like this):
Certify & Submit
By clicking on the 'Accept' button, I hereby certify that every statement I have made in this application is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any false, misleading or incomplete answer may be grounds for not employing me or for dismissing me after I begin work. I understand that I will have to produce documentation verifying identity and employment eligibility in the U.S. I understand that I may be required to verify any and all information given on this application. I understand that this completed application is the property of the City of Norwalk and will not be returned. I understand the City of Norwalk may contact prior employers and other references. I understand that I must notify the Personnel Department of any changes in my name, address, or phone number via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you click on “Accept” button you will get “Confirmation” message that states your application was received (it should look like this):
Dear Your Name
Thank you for applying for employment with the City of Norwalk. We have received your application. You will receive instructions by email and/or mail as to the next step in the process. Please do not call us regarding the status of your application.
The recruitment process may include one or more of the following: application review and evaluation, performance test, written test, and/or oral interview examination.
Questions asked during the examination process are based on the knowledge and abilities required to successfully perform the job.
Aside of that you will immediately receive an e-mail message stating you have successfully submitted the application.
*** IMPORTANT ***
If you do not see a Confirmation page and do not receive an e-mail message your application was NOT successfully submitted. At this point you might have to go back and try to apply again.
• Print a copy of your completed application for your reference.
• For questions or difficulties relating to the on-line application process contact NeoGov at (310) 469-0515 or (877) 204-4442 or the City of Norwalk Personnel Department at personnel@norwalkct.
• For questions regarding SYEP, please contact Maritza Alvarado at email@example.com
City of Norwalk, CT - 13 months ago