Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and accuracy of all natural gas and/or liquid measurement and control facilities. Responsibilities include sites primarily in the Wamsutter/ Rawlings area (only one postion).
- Install, inspect, test, adjust, maintain, operate, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and remove advanced measurement, control and regulation equipment, and gas quality equipment
- Detect measurement error, correct volumes as needed and provide supporting documentation.
- Monitor gas and liquid product volumes through the measurement system, insure all corrections are applied and proper qualities are applied.
- Interpret and apply electrical and electronic schematics pertaining to EFM and measurement electronics.
- Assess all facets of assigned facilities to insure accurate measurement and maintaining the company lost and unaccounted for gas and product with a high degree of ownership within the established corporate goals.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Perform audits of custody transfer and control data when necessary
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Associates degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Basic computer skills of MS Office, operating systems, company software
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Codes
- Knowledge with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of gas and liquid chromatography
- Familiarity with mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic equipment used in gas and liquid product measurement and control
- Familiarity with AGA, API, and GPA measurement standards
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Completion of any site specific technical training may be applicable
Working conditions / Physical demands:
- Must respond to, and address, call outs and emergencies during and after regular business hours including after dark hours, which require carrying a communication device
- Depending on location and workload, travel will be required
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work with minimum supervision.
- Adequate analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets*
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge (above the minimum requirements; not required, but advantageous in this position):
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently, enter confined spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, excavated areas, ladders, stairwells, walkways, etc
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist (occasional)
- May work in low-lit areas
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in gas measurement and control with mechanical, pneumatic and electronic equipment.
- Working knowledge of AGA measurement standards and ability to apply gas laws.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience with spreadsheets and data trending.
- Ability to efficiently plan, construct, and draft as built prints for small metering equipment installations
Kinder Morgan - 20 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...