Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and accuracy of all natural gas and/or liquid measurement and control facilities. Responsibilities include sites primarily in the Wamsutter/ Rawlings area (only one postion).
- Install, inspect, test, adjust, maintain, operate, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and remove advanced measurement, control and regulation equipment, and gas quality equipment
- Detect measurement error, correct volumes as needed and provide supporting documentation.
- Monitor gas and liquid product volumes through the measurement system, insure all corrections are applied and proper qualities are applied.
- Interpret and apply electrical and electronic schematics pertaining to EFM and measurement electronics.
- Assess all facets of assigned facilities to insure accurate measurement and maintaining the company lost and unaccounted for gas and product with a high degree of ownership within the established corporate goals.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Perform audits of custody transfer and control data when necessary
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Associates degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Basic computer skills of MS Office, operating systems, company software
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Codes
- Knowledge with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of gas and liquid chromatography
- Familiarity with mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic equipment used in gas and liquid product measurement and control
- Familiarity with AGA, API, and GPA measurement standards
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Completion of any site specific technical training may be applicable
Working conditions / Physical demands:
- Must respond to, and address, call outs and emergencies during and after regular business hours including after dark hours, which require carrying a communication device
- Depending on location and workload, travel will be required
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work with minimum supervision.
- Adequate analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets*
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge (above the minimum requirements; not required, but advantageous in this position):
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently, enter confined spaces, climb to and work from elevated platforms, excavated areas, ladders, stairwells, walkways, etc
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist (occasional)
- May work in low-lit areas
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in gas measurement and control with mechanical, pneumatic and electronic equipment.
- Working knowledge of AGA measurement standards and ability to apply gas laws.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience with spreadsheets and data trending.
- Ability to efficiently plan, construct, and draft as built prints for small metering equipment installations
Kinder Morgan is the largest midstream and energy infrastructure company in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately...