Technician will be expected to perform critical field technical support and commissioning of the Automation and Measurement equipment. Will be expected to monitor and maintain the automation equipment. Will be expected to work with contractors performing measurement and automation equipment installations. Develop and maintain the proper documentation and PLC configurations, wireless transmitter configurations, radio network configurations and diagrams, well pad assessment documentation all in a company SharePoint web site environment. Will verify that the Automation and Measurement equipment is installed per applicable Company and National Electrical Code standards. Will also commission and maintain well and tank automation instrumentation. Will perform routine measurement functions such as verifying/calibrating gas and liquid custody transfer measurement equipment and retrieving gas and liquid samples. Will work closely with Field Operations, Measurement Technical Services, Applied Technology/SCADA and Measurement Data Services departments. Must have a strong knowledge of verifying and calibrating custody transfer gas and liquid measurement equipment. Must be well versed in North Dakota Industrial Commission (NDIC), BLM Onshore Order #4 and #5, API and GPA Industry Standards for liquid and gas measurement. Will be required to utilize TESTit and Share Point for maintaining schedules and documentation.
Will follow and promote E&PWay and EH&S Safety standards.
WPX Energy will pay relocation costs for this position.
- Working knowledge of EFM / RTU Platforms (ABB, Emerson, etc.), radio and field infrastructure communications (MDS, Freewave, OleumTech, Sierra Wireless, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen Bradely, etc.) and Operator Interface Terminals (Schneider Electric, ProFace, etc.) and Ladder Logic is a plus
- Working knowledge of a Cygnet Platform SCADA system is a plus.
- Experience using Vinson Production Management (VPM) in a Fisher ROC environment.
- Experience in wireless transmitters.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Require computer skills using various programs including most Microsoft Office Suite programs, various EFM and Radio communication application software such as ROCLINK, Oleum Tech, MDS Transnet and TESTit.
- Experience in oil and natural gas production and gathering operations is desired.
- Knowledge of primary measurement devices such as coriolis, orifice, turbine, rotary.
- Must be highly motivated and be able to work with others in a team environment
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- The ideal candidate will show ownership and willingness to learn the skills necessary to perform what is required to commission and maintain the automation of a oil and natural gas gathering system.
- High school graduate with two plus years experience is preferred. Oil and Natural Gas field operations experience preferred.
- Valid Driver license required.
- Must have the ability to lift at least fifty pounds and work in harsh weather conditions.
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...