A Measurement Technician is needed in our Nicholson, PA office. The Technician will be expected to perform critical field technical support and commissioning of the Automation and EFM equipment.
The Technician will also be responsible to:
The Technician will work closely with Field Operations, Denver Measurement SCADA and the Measurement Data department.
- Lead, monitor and manage the automation and electrical contract crews.
- Perform well pad assessments and work with the construction planning groups.
- Work with procurement to forecast, purchase, receive, store, stage and account for the various automation and measurement related equipment.
- Develop and maintain the proper documentation on EFM configurations, wireless transmitter configurations, radio network configurations and diagrams, well pad assessment documentation, all in a company shared web site environment.
- Verify that the automation and EFM equipment is installed per company and electrical standards.
- Commission and maintain well and tank automation equipment.
The selected candidate must have a strong knowledge of verifying and calibrating custody transfer measurement equipment and maintaining a portable chromatograph. Candidate should also be well versed in the API and GPA industry documents for gas measurement.
Other requirements include:
- High School diploma with a preference for an Associate's degree in an Electronics related field.
- Working knowledge of EFM / RTU radio and field infrastructure communications (MDS and Free Wave).
- Knowledge of primary measurement devices such as, orifice, turbine, rotary and ultrasonic meters.
- Previous experience with Emerson / Fisher EFM / RTU devices.
- Previous experience utilizing gas quality instrumentation such as: moisture analyzers, odorizers, stationary and portable gas chromatographs.
- Working knowledge of a Cygnet Platform SCADA system is preferred.
- Prior experience using Vinson Production Management (VPM) in a Fisher ROC environment is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Candidate must have the ability to lift at least fifty pounds and work in harsh weather conditions.
WPX Energy - 2 years ago