Duties & Responsibilities other duties may be assigned:
• Practice safe food handling procedures at all times.
• Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat. Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings.
• Assures that enough counter help is on the floor to guarantee excellent customer service.
• Provides information to customers about all the cuts of lamb, pork, beef, poultry, and types of sausage, convenience items and self-serve items.
• Maintains all Meat Department display cases up to Bristol Farms standards. Fills showcase once meat has been cut.
• Responsible to organize and direct all Meat Cutters in prioritizing tasks; checking production and quality control; maintaining proper rotation of all perishable products; receiving procedures; sanitation and safety; management.
• 1 year of experience, preferred.
• Strong communication skills
• Posses the ability to handle high stress and volume of customers while maintaining a positive shopping experience for the customer.
• Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand for long periods of time; walk; frequent use of hands.
• Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• Frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Bristol Farms - 18 months ago