Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer in Southeast Michigan. Busch’s currently has 15 stores and is consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. Busch’s offers unique services that are not generally found at other grocery chains, including online grocery shopping, wine tastings, Beverage Consultants, made from scratch deli salads, and our MyWay loyalty card program.
- Build department sales by answering questions and assisting guests with purchases
- Make recommendations to guests on types of cuts, methods of preparation and meal suggestions
- Determine cutting needs based on guest demands
- Custom cut meat products according to guest requests
- Cut and process all fresh meat products according to quality specifications
- Receive, verify and store department deliveries
- Package and price product
- Rotate and cull product to ensure freshness
- Scan waste to ensure accurate shrink recording
- Grind meats following prescribed procedures
- Promote various products by preparing and offering samples
- Set and maintain service and self service cases
- Clean and sanitize department, equipment, work areas, service areas, containers and utensils
- Follow safe food handling and personal hygiene practices
- Follow safety practices, including Lockout/Tagout of equipment
- Ensure all product, ready to heat items and special orders are prepared to specifications
- Adhere to all Busch’s policies, practices and procedures
- Build strong working relationships with guests, vendors and associates
- Exemplify key concepts of hospitality when interacting with guests
You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of various cuts of beef, pork, veal, lamb and poultry
- Knowledge of preparation of various cuts and types of meats and poultry
- Food safety certification preferred.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills
- Proficient selling skills, including the ability to ask questions, listen and make product recommendations
- Proficient merchandising skills to ensure fresh and appealing service and self service displays
- Proficient cleaning abilities to meet sanitation and visual standards
Busch's - 21 months ago
Busch designs and manufactures a wide range of high performance vacuum pumps and systems that are used in many industries around the world....