Job Title: Meat Cutter
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Meat Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed and that department goals are being obtained. Contributes to store profitability by producing meat products by following recipes and department cutting standards in order to provide guests with a selection of quality meats.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Responsible for all meat production including cutting, trimming, grinding, wrapping, marinating, sausage making, etc.
2) Provides customer service to guests
- Increases sales by ensuring visually appealing products
- Reduces shrink by following production lists, recipes, following accurate trim standards, and minimizing waste
3) Maintains an adequate level of supplies in the Meat department by replenishing items as needed.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Taking special orders and other special requests and completing them in a timely manner
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
4) Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested.
5) Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of perishable foods
- Requires proper training and knowledge of certain equipment and procedures needed to complete the job
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Meat Cutter is an hourly position that may be part-time (less than 35 hours per week) or full time (35-40 hours per week).
- The work schedule will greatly include mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed.
Festival Foods - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...