I. PURPOSE FOR POSITION
Is responsible for achieving the sales, profitability and growth objectives outline
by the market manager and store management through carrying out company policies,
procedures, merchandising programs, and the maintenance of good customer relations.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Standing - 100% of the time.
2. Lifting - Maximum 90 pounds, average 50 pounds.
4. Manual Dexterity - Need both arms and legs for job.
5. Tolerate coldness - Meat room and freezer.
6. Bending - Pick up meat onto table or saw.
7. Reading - Cutting list, orders, and checking truck.
1. Sees that all product is properly prepared (cutting and trim), handled, and/or
wrapped and merchandised.
2. Receives and checks meat deliveries upon arrival to see that all merchandise is
in good condition and that the correct quantities and weights are received.
3. Orders meat products as requested.
4. Assists in planning special promotions and displays.
5. Is responsible for signing, correct weights (tare and packaging), and pricing.
6. Sees that all merchandise is rotated according to code dating policy.
7. Is responsible for keeping the fresh meat case, lunchmeat case, and the frozen meat case full, fresh, and neat -- keeping sale items full and signed.
8. Keeps records as specified in company policy.
9. Keeps Meat Department fixtures, equipment, and area clean, sanitized, and free from accident hazards at all times.
10. Handles all store property and equipment in such a manner as to secure maximum use therefrom.
11. Maintains a high level of product knowledge and merchandising ability to accomplish the Meat Department goals.
12. Follows company dress code standards; hair restraint, name tag, clean/neat coat, etc.
13. Follows company guidelines and policies for safety and sanitation.
a. Proper procedure for using saw (guard in place at all times).
b. Wearing mesh glove to trim meat with a knife.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
IV. EQUIPMENT USED
1. Knife 5. Cuber
2. Box Cutter 6. Slicer
3. Grinder 7. Electric Knife Sharpener
4. Ban Saw
1. Is responsible to the Meat Department Manager or the Store Manager.
Previous experience preferred