Job Summary: As part of our Meat Department, this position participates in product management, merchandising, and food preparation. Contributes to the Company’s success through the achievement of our customer service and operating standards.This position requires travel to our other store locations as needed.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Effectively performs meat cutting responsibilities; minimizes shrink while producing products attractive to customers.
- Participates in executing Meat Department merchandising and displays.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales, meet revenue goals, and best service customers.
- Participates in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Meat Department Manager and/or Store Director team.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Completion of an accredited meat cutting program.
- Proven success as a team member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a willingness to use knowledge to best service customers.
- Possesses a genuine interest and enthusiasm for fine food.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
Metropolitan Market - 17 months ago