As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Meat Cutter provides friendly, courteous, and
helpful service. Prepares meat in salable sizes and condition for wrapping and eventual display
and sale to customer. Cuts, trims, chops, grinds and otherwise prepares meats and places on
trays. Handles freight placed in the cooler. Freight is opened, sorted and stacked. May place
product in display cases, check product display for expiration date and provide customer service. May take special orders from customers. May empty trash barrels and clean work surface.
Safeway Meat Cutter employees are generally responsible for completing the following job
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the
position and within company policy.
2. Operate saws, grinders and other meat processing machinery.
3. Use knives to cut, trim and prepare meat products.
4. Inspect, sort and grade meat products.
5. Inspect displayed products for expired dates and remove when necessary. Maintain division
6. Take special orders from customers and provide special cuts.
7. Maintain area and conduct business in accordance with state, federal and local regulation
and employer policy.
8. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
4. Ability to operate wrapping machine and hand wrap product when necessary.
5. Knowledge of and ability to prepare different cuts of meat.
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...