Perform general duties of a Meat Team Member and cut all meat for the department. Prepare specialty merchandise consistent with Whole Foods Market quality goals. Maintain a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. Support the Meat Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, Supervisor and Regional Team in maintaining regional standards.
- Receive, unload, and put away product delivery. Break down beef, pork, lamb, and poultry products.
- Prepare specialty merchandise like sausage, ready-to-cook products, and cured meats.
- Place orders in the absence of the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
- Explain cooking techniques for all meats and cuts to the customer.
- Train and mentor other Team Members on how to cut and prepare various meats.
- Answer customer questions, and practice suggestive selling.
- Assist with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meat retail experience required.
- Demonstrated ability in knife handling and use of other cutting equipment.
- Excellent cutting skills, with ability to break beef into sub-primals.
- Extensive knowledge of meat cuts and cooking technique.
- Willingness to receive constructive feedback pertaining to job performance.
- Willingness to provide exemplary customer service constantly and consistently.
- Good communication skills.
- A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 01/22/2013
Whole Foods Market - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...