Job Summary: As leader of our Meat Department, this position is responsible for product management, merchandising, full profit and loss control, and personnel development. This position is interviewing at our Uptown location, but the candidate hired will need flexibility to work at our other store locations as needed.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Completes Meat Department weekly employee work schedule.
- Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Meat Department.
- Maintains pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
- Plans and executes Meat Department merchandising and displays.
- Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
- Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Meat Cutter.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Director and Assistant Store Director.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years as a Journeyman Meat Cutter required.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven success as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
- Possesses a genuine interest and enthusiasm for fine food.
- Proven history of personnel development.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.