Meat Safety Solutions Technical Marketing Manager-1203262
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Meat Safety Solutions Technical Marketing Manager will be part of a team responsible for assessing opportunities to deliver innovative solutions to the food safety market, with a focus in the area of meat safety. The Meat Safety Solutions Technical Marketing Manager will lead scouting internally and externally for technical solutions, building on existing capabilities in antimicrobials, cleaning, packaging technologies , and construction materials relevant to meat processing facilities, to name a few. This manager will drive R&D projects to solutions satisfying unmet market needs, and will have a primary focus on guiding the technical aspects of market development efforts. Metrics will include success rate of the innovation pipeline and achievement of milestones toward targets. The Meat Safety Solutions Technical Marketing Manager will:
- Work closely with the Food Safety Safety Marketing Manager to develop new business opportunities
- Build relationships with key industry players along the value chain to assess the technology needs for meat safety within the food safety market
- Contribute to development of target profiles for R&D projects aimed at addressing prioritized unmet needs
- Establish a network across BASF's technical organizations in order to identify potentially meat safety-relevant technologies as well as to secure the necessary R&D resources for new projects
- Assemble technology project teams, and then lead technology and product development projects across BASF with the goal to drive timely market introductions
- Scout external technology sources, e.g. universities, start-up companies, etc, for licensing opportunities
- Contribute to defining and quantifying value of new solutions in meeting market needs
- Support new product introductions (based on specific projects), including tradeshow presentations, booths, and events related to market penetration
- Become established as THE expert inside THE Chemical Company on all issues pertaining to meat safety.
- Exemplify the spirit of cross business unit cooperation to deliver solutions that bring together BASF technologies in new applications for the meat safety industry
Florham Park, NJ is the preferred location for this position, but Research Triangle Park, NC is also potentially an option.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in food safety, food science, microbiology, agronomy, chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related technical fields
- At least seven (7) years of experience in research, product development, technical service, technical marketing, new business development, or a combination thereof
- An entrepreneurial spirit and attitude; a highly motivated, self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to travel, as needed, around 50% of the time
- Knowledge of chemistry, technology and processes used in the food safety and/or meat production market
- Experience working in the food safety and/or meat production industry
- New business development experience
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (NC)-Marketing & Business Development - NA
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with about 112,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve...