POSITION TITLE: Mechanic's Assistant
POSITION STATUS: 40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or mechanical training. Background in automotive repair. A valid New York State driver's license acceptable to Agency insurance standards. Must obtain a CDL Class B with A and P endorsements and a New York State inspector's license within twelve months of employment.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs mechanical repairs to Saratoga Bridges motor vehicle fleet. Reports to the Heavy Duty Mechanic and Head Mechanic during the work day.
1. Performs routine maintenance of Agency motor vehicle fleet, including but not, limited to oil changes, replacing filters, replacing light bulbs, installing brakes and changing tires.
2. Independently lifts wheels, parts and equipment necessary for the repair ofvehicles.
3. Removes license plates from junked vehicles and turns plates into dispatcher.
4. Maintains service area in safe and clean condition at all times.
5. Cleans and washes all Agency vehicles as needed.
6. Serves as a substitute bus driver mornings and/or afternoons as needed.
7.Participates in Agency in-service Training programs.
8.Assists other mechanics as needed.
9. Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules, procedures and practices.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Heavy Duty Mechanic, HeadMechanic or Director of Transportation.
Please apply at www.saratogabridges.org
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard