Deffenbaugh Industries is currently seeking recent graduates of Diesel Technology programs to apply their new knowledge towards the maintenance and repair of company equipment. This person will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience through mentoring of senior mechanics, while diagnosing and repairing chassis and body defects. This person will utilize hand, air, and electrical tools and instruments to return out of service units to DOT compliant status through consultation, diagnosis, and repair.
This full time Mechanic position is responsible for the following duties:
- Perform at intermediate levels of supervised repairs, maintenance inspections and diagnosing.
- Electrical Repair
- Air systems
- Brake systems
- PC diagnosis and repair
- Diagnosis of problems regarding suspension, steering, tire, electrical, and brake systems.
- Interpret VCR’s and communicate for more efficient repair.
Successful candidates must have the following requirements:
- 2-5 years working as a Diesel Mechanic or Vocational training
- Air Brake System Knowledge
- Tire and Wheel Fastening
- Intermediate computer skills
- High level of understanding service and technical information.
- Mack- Parts Failure Diagnostics
- Bumper to Bumper knowledge, ability to diagnose any issue with minimal supervision.
- Class B CDL preferred
- Must furnish own advanced tool set.
High school Education or GED or Vocational schooling.
The work environment is permanently outside: heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*All candidates are subject to a background check and drug testing. Apply on-line at www.deffenbaughinc.com. EOE/AAP/MF
Deffenbaugh Industries - 13 months ago