Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University ( YU ) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 4,500 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Mechanic will perform various duties in Plant Operations in MANHATTAN.
- Ability to perform major planned maintenance on systems/components as well as operation/maintenance of various heating/cooling systems.
- Knowledge of proper and improper operation of heating and cooling systems/components.
- Start and stop the various systems.
- Knowledge of chemical treatment procedures and testing.
Education and Experience
Skills and Competencies
- Three years related experience.
- HS Diploma and related Trade school diploma required.
- Must possess the strength and dexterity needed to perform the job and the physical ability to move equipment as necessary.
- Must adhere to operational safety rules and regulations as deemed by the University.
- Must be able to follow directives and possess good communication skills and ability to interact with building/office occupants
Yeshiva University - 21 months ago