Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Maintain and repair City vehicles and equipment; maintain and repair gasoline and diesel powered automotive, heavy and light construction, and other power-driven equipment and perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility to include preventive maintenance and fueling of off-site heavy duty equipment.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years technical training in automotive maintenance and mechanical repair and two (2) years experience in minor and major automotive maintenance and mechanical repair of a variety of vehicles and equipment.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Commercial Driver's License (Class A or B) with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement (H).
Possession of a valid City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Operations, services and activities of a full service equipment maintenance and repair program
- Operational characteristics of various equipment and tools used in the overhaul, repair and adjustment of gas and diesel powered equipment
- Procedures of preventative maintenance related to automotive, heavy and light construction equipment
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices necessary in the area of work assigned
- Principles and procedures of hydraulic systems
- State laws regulating, emission controls, brakes and lamps
- Methods, materials, equipment and tools used in welding and fabrication work
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Independently perform the most difficult mechanic work including diagnosing, trouble-shooting, fabricating, and repairing the full array of vehicles and equipment
- Use modern, sophisticated test equipment to diagnose and repair automotive equipment
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Accurately determine mechanical repair needs and estimate the cost and time of repairs
- Use a variety of equipment maintenance tools and equipment
- Maintain a variety of shop and repair records
- Read and understand various manuals, blueprints, and schematics
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
City of Albuquerque - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard