The City of Olathe seeks Mechanics to perform diagnosis and complex skilled maintenance and repairs to automotive, light and medium duty trucks, and a wide variety of equipment such as but not limited to: automobiles, trucks, tractors, and lawn mowers.
- Analyze vehicle and equipment failures; determine causes and recommend and/or complete repair solutions.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a wide variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Perform vehicle and equipment repairs including but not limited to; Engine, Transmission, brake, suspension, hydraulic and electrical repairs using proper safety devices and procedures.
- Perform equipment installation, fabrication, welding and acetylene cutting for all types of vehicles and equipment.
- Respond to emergency repairs and service calls on vehicles and equipment including after hours calls.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records and reports on repairs performed and on equipment usage and condition.
Experience & Education:
Experience : Minimum of three (3) years of experience or training in automotive and equipment maintenance and repair. Hydraulic experience preferred.
Education : High school diploma, supplemented with course work in automotive technology. Trade school preferred, but not required.
Possession of a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License with air brake endorsement. A/C refrigerant recovery and recycling certification required. Combination of three (3) ASE certifications, two of which will be brakes and suspension, the third is choice. Must be able to get F1 or F2 certificate for EVT within one year of employment.
Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical & drug screen.
City of Olathe, KS - 11 months ago