Position Summary: |
Responsible for repairing and maintaining the operation of all City vehicles.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Perform preventative maintenance on city vehicles.
2) Diagnose and repair city vehicles.
3) Order necessary parts as needed.
4) Maintain a clean and orderly Fleet Shop.
5) Complete work labor and task information
Preferred Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
-6 months to 1 year advanced training in automotive mechanics
-2-4 years experience in automotive shop repair and diagnosis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
-General knowledge of automotive repair and diagnostics
-General knowledge of Fleet software processes
-Skill in utilizing Shop Key software
-Skill in performing preventative maintenance on vehicles
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions:
The incumbent works in a fleet shop environment; occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Occasional outside work.
Texas Municipal League - 2 years ago