To maintain, repair, and replace motors, gear drives and other mechanical items within the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Rebuild positive pumps throughout the plant.
* Maintain and repair all mechanical aspects of the Double “O” vats, including sharpening knives, gearboxes, pulleys and belts, and drive shaft chains.
* Maintain and repair, as needed the mechanical aspects of the brine tank, including all hydraulics, cables, cages, pulleys and guides.
* Assist as needed on all types of maintenance throughout the plant.
* Maintain work areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
* Minimize water usage and the generation of wastewater within the scope of the position.
* Follow all DFA GMP’s and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory quality and sanitation requirements.
* Follow all safety regulations.
* Perform related duties as required
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years formal mechanical education certificate or equivalent work experience doing maintenance work in a manufacturing environment.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; suggests alternative solutions.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Oral Communication: Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information; Able to document completed work orders, and read manuals and written instructions.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Ability to read and understand MSDS sheets.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as Company policies & procedures, safety rules, work orders, manuals and labels.
- Mathematical Skills: Minimal - Ability to add and subtract using simple whole numbers. Ability to read work orders and document completed work orders. Ability to understand gear ratios.
- Reasoning Ability: Minimal - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to trouble-shoot mechanical repairs.
Dairy Farmers of America - 2 years ago