To perform basic maintenance tasks to vehicles and assist the mechanics where deemed necessary. In addition, provide relief for Journeyman Mechanics and Service Attendants to ensure that all shifts are covered.
Perform vehicle maintenance repairs such as: changing lights, checking and adding fuel and oil, preventative maintenance inspections, steam clean, changing tires, checking and changing batteries as needed etc.
Certain tasks such as brake reline, engine or transmission repairs, steering repairs, electrical repairs, etc. will be performed under the guidance of the lead man, Master/Journeyman Mechanics or shop supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Education : High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience : At least (1) one to (2) years mechanics experience in automotive or heavy vehicle repair. Course study in automotive or heavy vehicle repair will be considered.
- License : CDL-B with passenger and air brakes endorsements.
- Special Requirements : No serious traffic violations or suspension of driver's license, and no DUI's for the previous seven years. No more than seven points in the previous four years.
- Knowledge : Automotive or heavy vehicle mechanics and various uses of mechanical tools and terminology; Computer knowledge and data input (minimal)
- Skilled in : Auto mechanics and auto maintenance.
- Abilities : Must be able to service vehicles and provide general maintenance to them. Must possess own hand tools in accordance with PSTA requirements.