Horizon is looking for an experienced mechanic to repair or service lawnmowers and small engines, including 2 cycle engines . Reporting to the Sales Center Manager this position will be responsible for repairing equipment in a timely and cost effective manner while meeting our customers and manufacturers requirements and expectations.
Include but not limited to:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Locates causes of trouble, dismantles parts, and examines for defects
- Cleans, adjusts, replaces and/or repairs equipment
- Starts repaired engines and listens to sounds to test performance
- Replaces engines on machines
- Observes safety and security procedures according to OSHA
- Takes proper care of company tools and customer equipment
- Shares expertise with others
Job Requirements :
- Successful completion of mechanic technical/trade school; or 1 year mechanic experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess or acquire OPE industry certifications
- Willingness and ability to maintain manufacturers annual updates
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to multitask to meet deadlines
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to complete projects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of MS Office and inventory programs.
Horizon is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
Poolcorp - 10 months ago