Job Description :
- High School Education; degree or certification preferred
- At least 2-5 years of maintenance experience in a packaging environment
- Practical knowledge of mechanical systems and components of diverse industrial production machinery and their attachments
- Detailed knowledge of the operating characteristics of the involved machinery, equipment, any systems, their functional relationships, and the applicable installation and repair procedures, methods, and trade practices
- Ability to read, write, and understand English (Bi-lingual skills in Spanish preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and AS400 preferred
- Perform basic math calculations (addition/subtraction)
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communications skills required
The Mechanic reports to the Maintenance Manager or Plant/Operations Manager and is responsible for dismantling, repairing, relocating, modifying, maintaining, aligning, overhauling, and installing fixed and semi-fixed production machinery, equipment, and systems such as various standard and numerically controlled machine tools used in production.
Principle Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates line set-ups, disassembly and movement of machinery.
- Observes, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction and making necessary repairs or modifications.
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment.
- Fabricates replacement parts.
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Welds to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Enters codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Use of pneumatics.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces electrical wiring and components of machinery
- Experience repairing packaging machinery (i.e. Shanklin, Videojet, Tape Machine, Pallet Wrappers, Conveyors)
- Responsible for making repairs in an acceptable amount of time to limit the down-time of the production
- Other duties as assigned.
Quality Packaging Specialists International, LLC. - 2 years ago