· Perform standard mechanical maintenance repairs, fabrication, and rebuilding of shop, field and plant equipment as describe by written work orders, drawings, specifications, schematics, sketches, and verbal instruction.
· Repair, maintain, install, inspects, troubleshoot and adjust power plant systems including but not limited to pumps, blowers, piping systems, mobile equipment, turbines, condensers, feedwater heaters, boilers and bag houses.
· Adherence to safety and environmental compliance rules and regulations in all aspects of work.
· Work call outs on a rotating schedule and perform other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge and ability to use hand tools, power tools, and perform basic arc welding and acetylene gas cutting.
· Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
· Strong power plant mechanical systems background.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical prints, and create and maintain mechanical drawings.
· Proven skills in industrial tool operation and fabrication of parts.
· High School diploma
· Two year technical degree or higher education in Industrial Maintenance Technology or related field preferred.
· Power Plant facility exposed to hazards associated with power and hand tools, dust, fumes, high pressure steam, high temperatures and confined spaces; regularly subject to external environmental conditions such as cold, wet or humid conditions, heat, dust, noise and fumes from equipment or chemicals.
· Climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
IPR-GDF SUEZ North America is an equal opportunity employer.
IRP-GDF SUEZ North America, Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using our website. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may call 713-636-1900 for possible alternative application processes.
Suez Energy - 14 months ago