is a craftsman who has the
that has experience and knowledge of Boilers, Towers and Vessels, Exchangers, Heaters, Basic Pipefitting and all other refinery equipment and is familiar with the disassembling and reassembling of such equipment to include any associated piping, parts, make up and bolt up. This craft is also trained on rigging and is able to assist with crane and hand rigging operations.
Key Work Experiences/Education:
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience in construction, maintenance or turnaround, with at least 2 years in the oil and gas industry
- NCCER Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Certification Preferred
Technical/Functional competencies required for selection:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Whenever feasible and safe, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the listed essential functions.
- Must be reliable—daily attendance for scheduled work is mandatory.
- Must be able to read prints
- Must be qualified in rigging
- Must be familiar with conveyor belts and bag houses
- Must know bolt up on structural and pipe and also shoot elevations for equipment setting
- Must be capable of identifying, utilizing and operating tools and equipment associated with craft discipline.
- Operate mobile motorized vehicles and motorized equipment, as required and trained.
- Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and recognize all job related work permits and complete Job Hazard Analysis.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Must be able to follow and comprehend supervisor’s instructions.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math skills, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to maintain communications with supervisor of job status and current assigned responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain a clean jobsite free of tripping hazards and unnecessary obstacles.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat and kneel.
- Must be capable of climbing ladders and scaffolds and working at heights.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personnel protective equipment.
Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, sand blast hoods, Nomex coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses.
- Must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may be up to seven days a week for extended duration’s of up to 8 weeks or more.
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of Transfield Services Resources & Energy Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment.
Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.
Essential Job Functions
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), both the analysis of work and the position description must focus on essential functions and what are actually required and not the ways they are currently or customarily performed. “The term essential function means the fundamental job duties of the employment position the individual with a disability holds or desires.”
(Reference 29 CFR §1630.2(n)(1).)
The physical demands for this position is as follows: stretching, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; reaching, handling, talking, hearing; seeing; or other demands (e.g., smelling).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to
Transfield Services Resources & Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Partners for Change
We lead the way
We do what’s right
We care for each other
We take responsibility
Consider the environment and ‘Think
Transfield Services - 15 months ago
Transfield Services delivers essential services to key industries in the Resources and Industrial, Infrastructure Services and Property and...