Veolia Environmental Services delivers the industry’s most comprehensive array of services with a focus on keeping our customers operating at peak performance. We leverage three decades of experience, superior technological capabilities and best-in-class equipment to provide unmatched integrated solutions designed to help our customers work with greater speed and efficiency than ever before, on time and on budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is intended to show ongoing primary duties. Employee may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.)
1. Participate in a proactive safety environment and adhere to safety policies.
2. Perform safety inspections in industrial, manufacturing and/or repair setting.
3. Work with maintenance foreman in completing repairs on Veolia equipment.
4. Maintain in good condition, an “industry standard” collection of tools.
5. Participate in maintenance program by not only performing repairs, but also analyzing root causes of equipment damage.
6. Diagnose mechanical problems to minimize the need for extensive replacement of parts.
7. Utilize preventative maintenance techniques to eliminate on-the-job problems.
8. Use road calls not only to solve on-the-job problems, but communicate these problems so that similar episodes may be minimized.
9. Keep a clean organized work area.
10. Continually upgrade technical knowledge, and act as an information source for service crews.
11. Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
12. Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
13. Record parts and/or materials used for repairs and maintenance performed.
14. Fabricate, assemble/disassemble manufactured products by hand.
15. Cut/bend/thread tubing/conduit/piping for gas/air/hydraulic or water lines.
16. Use precision measuring devices in mechanical repair work.
17. Use high voltage apparatus.
18. Use hand and power tools.
19. Use machine tools in installation/maintenance and/or repair.
20. Use basic plumbing and pollution control techniques.
21. Operate hoist/winch/hydraulic booms.
22. Read and utilize work orders/instructions/formulas/processing charts/equipment manuals.
23. Lift up to 50 lbs. safely.
24. Have reliable transportation to and from work
25. Be willing to work overtime including nights/evenings/weekends to meet job deadlines.
High school diploma/GED
Technical School or equivalent work experience
2+ years of diesel/hydraulic maintenance demonstrating progressive levels of skill attained.
Current valid driver’s license required
(Commercial Driver’s License, Mechanic/ASE certification, electrical/welding/forklift experience a plus)
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V