Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes close to 100,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,700 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
The Mechanic/Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance at the property in accordance with company standards. The purpose of this position is to help ensure that the physical condition of the property satisfies ownership and management objectives. In addition to aiding the maintenance supervisor with general duties, this position requires that the individual be available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours.
- Receives each day's assigned work from the Superintendent.
- Keeps the Superintendent informed as work assignments are finished and provides the status of assignments to the Superintendent at the end of each day.
- Performs resident work orders, such as repair of appliances, doors, locks, windows, lights, faucets, toilets, and floors.
- Performs site work orders, including but not limited to, changing light fixtures and light bulbs in hallways, shoveling snow, shampooing carpets, repairing doors, repairing dry wall, changing locks, and doing spring cleanup of the grounds.
- Performs preventive maintenance, following specific company instructions concerning how to complete work, including but not limited to, cleaning pumps, changing filters, flushing out hot water tanks, and taking amp readings.
- When required, responsible for being available to respond to emergencies, such as snowstorms, flood, and fire.
- Responsible for apartment turnovers, completing all work necessary to return vacated apartments to their original state, such as patching holes and flooring, re-hanging doors, and ensuring that locks, appliances, kitchens, and bathrooms are in acceptable condition.
- Completes apartment turnovers quickly and efficiently in order to satisfy rent schedules and avoid any loss of rental income.
- When so directed by the Superintendent, ensures that any outside contractors or Winn Management Company crews responsible for apartment turnovers are performing the required work in a timely and effective manner.
- Lifts and moves items as determined by the Superintendent.
- Receives training as needed with regard to the best methods of fulfilling his/her responsibilities, such as how to lift heavy items without being hurt, and how to make repairs while guarding against the possibility of viruses and hazardous waste.
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors, and other employees.
- Wears the prescribed uniform at all times during working hours.
- Responsible for wearing his/her company identification at all times while at work.
- Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Superintendent or Property Manager.
- Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Superintendent.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Experience in electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- In addition, the candidate will need to possess the knowledge to be able to complete repairs on the following: appliances, doors, locks, windows, faucets, toilets, flooring and sheetrock repairs, and preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
Anticipated Work Schedule : M-F 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Rotating on call schedule for after-hours emergencies.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generous Time Off and Benefits Package!!
No phone calls please.
Over the last three decades, WinnResidential and its affiliates have met every challenge encountered, demonstrating to clients and residents...