Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer operating in four business segments: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, and Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, shipping, transportation, refining, energy and utility industries
Position Summary: Assemble machinery, provide department support, comply with safety practices, and attend work regularly.
Responsibilities - Assemble factory and vendor parts to complete different machines. Ensure parts are specified by blueprint; may change as specified. Add options to machinery; locate machine and move in-doors. Remove unnecessary parts and add parts to meet the sales order. Repair faulty parts put on in assembly or missed parts. Check fluid levels of oil in reducers; grease in bearings.
- Clean, inspect, separate and warehouse finished and unfinished parts. Assemble small parts to make larger assemblies; make sure parts are according to specifications. May assemble paving kits that go under pavers.
- Detect and report defective material, improper operation of equipment, and equipment needing service or repair.
- Drive continuous improvement through value stream, cost reduction and quality.
- Comply with corporate/departmental policies and procedures governing safety, attendance, tardiness, dress code, professional ethics, and required meetings/seminars.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position. Qualifications EDUCATION: Must be able to use shop math, be able to read and interpret complicated drawings. Technical school is desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Must have 1-3 years work experience, preferably assembly experience in a heavy equipment environment. Requires hands on experience mechanical aptitude, tools and equipment operation. Hydraulic knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and materials.
- Proficiency with math, reading and writing.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
PHYSICAL WORK DEMAND: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Terex - 13 months ago