Making Life Even Better.
When it comes to the vision of shaping discovery and improving life, no other company can match the breadth of products and services in the life sciences field to meet this vision than Life Technologies. Created through the combination of biotechnology leaders Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen, Life Technologies’ systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that improve the human condition and the world around us. Our customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. With historical sales of approximately $3.5 billion, a presence in more than 100 countries, and a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses, we are poised to truly shape the world of science. Join a team of more than 9,500 employees around the world who are engaged, curious, insightful, responsible and driven to make life even better.
Focused on quality, performance, and innovation, Advanced Microscopy Group (a Life Technologies division) designs and develops state-of-the-art microscopy equipment, software, and optical components for the life sciences industry. The home of the EVOS® line of fully integrated all-in-one digital inverted microscopes, AMG is a concept-to-completion company that provides innovative optical solutions and products to research, clinical, and industrial applications all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced Assembly Technician who has a strong attention to detail and quality as well as mechanical assembly experience.
Performs final configuration of complex microscope systems. Performs troubleshooting of complex microscopes spanning electrical, optical, and mechanical system elements.
Performs precision optical alignment.
Assembles, aligns & tests top level microscope systems according to procedures and shop floor orders.
Performs self or successive microscope system quality checks, and completes associated documentation. Assembles, aligns and tests electrical, mechanical, optical, and electro-optical subassemblies in accordance with procedures, schematics, diagrams or samples.
Performs cleaning and installation of optical elements and cameras, with high level of accuracy and attention to optical detail.
Cleans and prepares parts for assembly.
Performs general assembly, soldering, soldering under a microscope, crimping,
Flash/EEprom programming, labeling, part marking, testing, recording data and other related duties as required.
Performs product labeling or part marking, including set up and printing of labels on a Windows based computer.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 4 years experience with high level mechanical functional assemblies
· Ability to select and use common hand tools such as soldering irons, screwdrivers, crimp tools and wire cutters.
· Ability to grasp, hold and manipulate small objects repeatedly and for long duration
· Ability to read and interpret production or engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, test instructions, assembly drawings, work orders, procedures and safety rules.
· Ability to determine sequence of operations from sketches, samples, and written/oral instruction
· Ability to inspect and test to specifications and record results
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language
· Demonstrates an advanced understanding of EVOS electro-mechanical, optical and mechanical subassemblies and functional assemblies, including the ability to rapidly troubleshoot issues.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skill in light path alignment/image performance/phase alignment/ light cube compatibility and other elements unique to EVOS products.
· Demonstrates a high level of ability in accurately diagnosing and repairing equipment requiring Service.
· High level of accuracy in all mechanical assembly work content (first pass yield quality is extremely high)
· Precision assembly skills.
· Exhibits a high level of commitment to the business reputation, brand, quality and business objectives.
· Exhibits leadership and sets a positive example for the broader production team.
· Demonstrated ability to train and coach others in the craftsman elements of product assembly and configuration.
Life Technologies - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...