Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Description :
As a member of the R&D team this engineer will assist with ideation, design, development, and testing of diabetes management products.
- Grow and maintain technical knowledge current with advancing technology related to product development of diabetes devices and accessories.
- Assist with Design and Development of new, novel diabetes management products.
- Design, setup and run lab testing based on defined criteria
- Perform calculations and analyses to verify the designs. Document results in reports and laboratory notebooks and engineering reports.
- Process engineering change orders.
- Work with suppliers to ensure components meet design requirements.
- Help develop specifications, test methodologies, and test equipment to evaluate design concepts.
- Collaborate with other departments within Medtronic on development projects.
- Help ensure designs meet and exceed product specifications, regulatory requirements, international and international standards.
- Design parts to be manufactured via plastic injection molding, stamping, machining and extrusion
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 3 years of experience in product design and development.
- Solid proficiency in solid modeling software such as SolidWorks and/or ProEngineer.
- Design drafting experience with mechanical engineering based items
- Experience in plastics, mold design
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced testing and validation procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Medical Devices
- Extensive report writing experience
- Experience in mechanical or electromechanical assembly design
- Experience in product design and development in an R&D environment
- Cleanroom procedural experience
JobHost - 2 years ago
Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell device-based...