Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for Mechanical Engineers. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in one of our facilities.
By joining the Michelin team, your career opportunities for the future will be varied. A career manager will be assigned to help you manage your career at Michelin.
The Mechanical Design Engineer provides support for the design, fabrication, and implementation of equipment improvements relative to tooling problems, equipment tests, equipment installations,
new process evaluations, specifications, justifications and equipment modifications.
This position is a mix of Project Management and Mechanical Design. Mechanical Engineers are expected to participate actively in designs related to the capital budget plan for the facility then lead the project management through installation, debugging, and commissioning. Some high level troubleshooting and other activities are typically required as a part of being a member of the facility team. Most major projects are installed during facility shutdowns which occur around major holidays, so active presence during these times is required by all Engineers.
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.* Qualifications
- Develops mechanical designs that when implemented will achieve effective desired improvement on existing plant equipment, process and facilities as well as introduction of new processes.
- Evaluates current process and facilities as well as introduction of new processes.
- Develops project costs estimates for proposed equipment improvements.
- Develops design, installation, and start up documents (includes drawings, specification, operating guidelines, etc.)
- Supervises the fabrication, installation and initial operation of equipment using Michelin personnel and outside contractor services.
- Provides technical support to maintenance on problem resolution and training.
- Maintains Engineering equipment archives (documentation).
- BS Mechanical Engineering (or technical equivalent).
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D design applications (prefer AutoCad & Solidworks)
- Demonstrated Project Management Experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience and organizational skills
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated solid teamwork, communication, and planning skills required
Monster - 2 years ago