Mechanical Design Engineer - Mt. Prospect, IL
Cummins-Allison is a global leader in providing innovative banknote and coin processing solutions for the financial, gaming, retail, vending and government markets. The U.S.-based company has a 100-year heritage of leadership in technology and product innovation and currently serves the majority of financial institutions worldwide, as well as leading organizations in retail, casinos, law enforcement and government. The company holds more than 350 U.S. patents and has ongoing research and development (R&D) investments that are double the industry average.
Our Mechanical Design Group for the Currency Products Line is focused on new ideas and concepts in our various product areas and works with our sales organization, marketing and customers to develop new and improved products. The Sr. Design Engineer will with general direction, work on and manage projects from inception to completion. Duties will include:
- Determine overall engineering objectives for assigned projects and develop a project plan.
- New product development design, development, analysis, and testing.
- Work with marketing to develop functional specifications to ensure performance, cost and time targets can be met.
- Develop and oversee project schedules and track progress.
- Provide direction for engineers, technicians and others.
- Provide Technical product support for manufacturing, product management, marketing and sales as necessary.
We provide excellent salary and benefits including full health, life and dental insurance, a 401k plan and tuition assistance.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of mechanical design experience
- Knowledge of most of the following: machine design, machined parts, sheet metal fabrication, plastics, molds and stampings
- At least some design of electro-mechanical systems or related
- Pro E or equivalent 3D CAD required
- Mechanica, ProSheet metal, ProSurface or Intralink/PDM experience
- High degree of initiative and problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently and with teams
Cummins Allison - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -