Utilize engineering “best practices” to provide all aspects of product design and development from concept, design verification, production, and testing to field start-up. Responsible for meeting customer’s functional and performance requirements for mobile welding and testing equipment serving global markets. To act as Technical Resource for accomplishment of equipment research and development projects at the Holland Company.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide sound designs, which meet the requirements of the customer and/or specifications.
- Generate cost effective designs based on defined project “deliverables”.
- Maintain complete engineering documentation of projects.
- Provide project engineering labor estimates.
- Generate project Bills of Material and Drawings for release through the IFS production system.
- Perform design calculations, as required by spec, or to verify design integrity.
- Utilize Failure Mode Effects Analysis to optimize designs.
- Work with Project Managers to complete all project objectives.
- Provide technical assistance to shop and customers, as required.
- Provide Technical field support through communications and site visits.
- Work closely with customers, suppliers, and other Holland employees during all phases of a project.
- Travel is required, domestic and international, for start-ups and troubleshooting.
- Support the quality system by investigating and addressing Non-Conformance Reports as directed.
- Work with vendors to improve product quality, delivery and to continuously reduce cost.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs with our without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Willingness to wear PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots) as required.
- Office/cubicle environment.
- Shop environment including welding, overhead cranes and fork trucks.
- Field on-track environment.
- BSME or Equivalent.
- Entry level with minimal experience in structural, mechanical, and hydraulic areas of machine design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to customer service.
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
- Work effectively as team member or leader.
- Ability to facilitate and make decisions.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in Solidworks 3D CAD 2005 or higher.
- Knowledge of FMEA.
- FEA experience is a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Hydraulic system design / troubleshooting experience.
- Design experience in heavy machinery a plus.
- Must maintain a valid passport.