1OAK Technologies is on the fore-front of technological advancement. We are a team of brilliant minds developing revolutionary designs to turn the world on its head. We are focused on innovation and employ agile, reliable processes to ensure product excellence. We have big goals, high standards, and we constantly strive to outdo ourselves when addressing the absolute latest in consumer needs and desires. We are currently looking for brilliant minds to join our team of technology ninjas…
Are you 1 Of A Kind?
The Basics: At the heart of what 1OAK does, the Mechanical Engineer/Designer is imperative to the appealing and compelling success of our technologies. This position sets the bar for high-quality innovative solutions, and ensures all engineering and design work exceeds expectations. Ideally you are a subject matter expert in mobile technology. You drive projects to completion with a sense of urgency to meet a demanding mobile consumer electronics marketplace. Exceptional passion and communication skills are a necessity.
What You’ll Do (but not limited to):
· Design innovative solutions to complex problems that consumers have not yet even anticipated
· Attention to details of quality and proper function of designs
· Project ownership and ability to work independently. Seamless transfer of information and product data to team members and project managers, from proposal to project completion
· Participate in Agile Product Development practices in a combined hardware and software environment. Be highly accountable to the team in a scrum environment to expedite product development
· Interface with cross functional teams and conduct design reviews & meetings
· Drive project workflow to meet deadlines
· Strong communication skills to direct support staff and outside vendors/suppliers to deliver on project goals
What You’re Made of:
You possess a love of technology, gadgets, and the mobile environment. Creativity and innovative solutions are part of your DNA. You love working with top-notch hardware and software engineering talent. You have a background in consumer electronics. You have exceptional communication skills and a strong drive for results. You are interpersonally savvy, a strong planner & problem-solver, and have great anticipatory skills. You are highly organized and are able to manage multiple assignments. You demonstrate sound judgment under stress and possess superior instinctive, high quality decision-making.
What You Need (but not limited to):
· A passion for new product design & development, and a passion for product excellence
· 5+ years Mechanical Engineering experience in packaging consumer electronics, preferably in the fast-paced mobile technology environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 5+ years of experience with Solidworks ® 3D solid modeling software
· 3+ years of experience in designing and shepherding products through the entire Product Lifecycle - proposal to sustaining
· Self-starter, flexible, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, team-oriented, and enthusiastic!
· Ability to switch gears quickly and change focus
· Ability to conduct CAD design reviews
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
· Intense attention to detail to drive tasks to full completion
1OAK Technologies - 30+ days ago