Mechanical Design Engineer
The Danaher Sensors and Controls Group manufactures and markets products that sense, measure and control temperature, position, quantity, time, level and flow in the Process Automation and Factory Automation Markets. The group employs approximately 2,000 associates at locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Products are sold directly to OEM Customers and through distributors.
Engineering tech in Sustainment Engineering is responsible for supporting the specification, design, development, and validation of electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical products for military, industrial, and commercial markets.
Responsible for creating and
designs and drawings
in UL, CSA, CE and other product
testing, data analysis and reporting.
Requires creativity, accuracy, problem solving and strong time and project management skills.
- Support manufacturing as a technical resource.
- Define, design, develop, test, and validate products and engineering work as assigned.
- Comprehensive documentation responsibility including, but not limited to, generating and updating
detailed engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, test reports, and product validation plans.
- Participate in troubleshooting, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, and Corrective Action processes as required.
- Work with cross-functional departments in the efforts of product realization.
- Drawings changes and creation using various media: Paper, Scans, ACAD, Solidworks, CADKEY
- Product documentation and structuring through Bill of Materials and Engineering Change Notices
- 4 year degree in mechanical engineering
- 0-3 years of experience in a product engineering work environment. including, but not limited to, product design, testing, detailed drawings, and use of document release systems.
- Experience working in multi-discipline team framework with formal project planning.
- 0-3 yrs (preferred) solid modeling experience creating parts in 3D
- Mapics and JDEdwards experience desirable
SPECIAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/REQUISITES :
- US Citizenship
- Solidworks or other relevant 3D CAD experience
- Ability to work in team framework.
- Results oriented
Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products, which all generate approximately $13 Billon in revenue. Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of six strategic platforms: Medical Technologies, Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Electronic Test), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools).
Research and Development / Scientific
North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Danaher - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard