Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Danbury, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 300 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
- Develop and optimize commercial fuel cell and module components and systems.
- Understand the performance of legacy designs and apply lessons learned to develop next generation advances with the R&D and manufacturing team.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure current design intents are realized.
- Prepare and present reports of findings and update design documentation
- Gain component familiarity to serve as a fuel cell package engineering expert and key support member on a fully integrated team including engineering, quality, supply chain, manufacturing and technology R&D.
Education: BSME / ChE from accredited program Preferred: MSME/ChE
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in the field of batteries, fuel cells or chemical reactor mechanical design.
Candidate should have / be:
- Experience in field of batteries, fuel cells or chemical reactor mechanical design
- Experience with thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer (ideally electrochemistry) applied to create highly integrated mechanical designs.
- Demonstrated testing and product launch / validation experience.
- Six Sigma / statistics / SPC, Reliability, and Design of Experiments (DoE) experience
- 3D modeling, FEA and CFD experience.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave. Shift differential and over-time available for this role.
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.