MTS Systems Corporation is a global leader in supplying test systems and industrial system sensors for the aerospace, materials and vehicle markets. We develop solutions and high-performance position sensors that add value for our customers, creating a unique and challenging atmosphere that makes MTS home to some of the best technical and creative people in the world. MTS’ testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures.
Seeking a Mechanical Engineer to participate in the design and development of mechanical components and systems in support of product development and continuation improvement engineering on a variety of servo-hydraulic test systems. This position serves customers in one or more of the following market areas including Ground Vehicles, Wind Energy, Civil Structural, Motor Sports, Material Testing or Hydraulic components.
Engineers have a high level of direct contribution to projects involving cutting edge technology and constant learning.
- Engineers design and implement the mechanical portions of projects for standard and custom systems.
- Ability to work on variety of designs, systems and products.
- Work on projects from pre-sale, design, R&D, manufacturing, checkout and installation.
- Complies with MTS Design Standards and conducts design reviews prior to implementation.
- Creates designs which are easily manufactured and maintained.
- Generate conceptual designs and technical proposals for marketing and quote support including cost and schedule information.
- Provide work direction to designers and drafters in developing engineering solutions for standards products and custom projects.
- Career paths to Project or Product Management, Application and Sales, Management or other Technical areas (Systems, Analysis, or Simulation Consulting)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 - 5 years of applicable professional experience
- For recent graduates, minimum undergrad GPA 3.0
- Experience with, or understanding of, SolidWorks and/or ProE.
- Good mechanical aptitude skills along with real world proven mechanical and/or machine experience
- Fundamental knowledge of materials, material properties and machining fabrication processes
- Good multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work cross functionally as part of a project team
- Able to accomplish hands-on work on the floor and/or analytical work
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...