MTS Systems Corporation |
is a global leader in supplying test systems and industrial system sensors for the aerospace, materials and vehicle markets. We develop solutions and high-performance position sensors that add value for our customers, creating a unique and challenging atmosphere that makes MTS home to some of the best technical and creative people in the world. MTS’ testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures.
Work in a dynamic, small company atmosphere on custom test benches for automotive components such as driveshafts, clutches and steering systems. This job offers a broad range of responsibilities from creating concepts to designing, installing and troubleshooting them. You will work directly with the end customer throughout each project and also with suppliers. The position involves multi-disciplinary design covering mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
You will be responsible for the technical performance, schedule and budget of each project that you execute as well as managing customer satisfaction. The position offers a great deal of individual responsibility and variety of work and requires creativity and innovative problem solving approaches. The ideal candidate is technically strong, entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
In this role you will:
Engineers have a high level of direct contribution to projects involving cutting edge technology and constant learning. You will also:
- Design and implement the mechanical portions of projects for small custom systems.
- Work on variety of designs, systems and products on the Ground Vehicles team.
- Work on projects from pre-sale, design, manufacturing, checkout and installation.
- Create designs which are easily manufactured and maintained.
- Generate conceptual designs and technical proposals for marketing and quote support including cost and schedule information.
- More senior level individuals will provide work direction to designers, drafters, and mechanical assemblers in developing engineering solutions for custom projects.
- Career paths exist to Project or Product Management, Application and Sales, Management or other Technical areas (Systems, Analysis, or Simulation Consulting)
sologig - 18 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...