Position Title |
Mechanical Design Engineer
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Lead/Project Engineer has the rewarding opportunity to see his/her work in thousands of retail stores worldwide and impact our business with our customer and the consumer. As a Lead/Project Engineer, you will work in a team environment with our Marking, Manufacturing, and customer. The Lead/Project Engineer is a primary resource responsible for providing the technical expertise needed to solve and develop new solutions.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Responsible for managing, designing, and developing hand held mechanical dispensing devises (i.e.: fingertip sprayers, lotion/soap pumps, aerosol actuators, trigger sprayers, etc.).
- Lead cross functional teams within a systematic development process and support into commercialization.
- Provide engineering design solutions and analysis support for Manufacturing on current product lines.
- Interface with sales, marketing, and customers to drive new business opportunities and support co-development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Plastics
- Engineering Technology (with design emphasis)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical design of plastic injection molded components using 3D CAD (Unigraphics is a plus, small precision mechanism design is a plus.).
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 17 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...