The Mechanical Design Engineer will play an important role in the development and manufacture of a new generation of ultra-sensitive, field-deployable, real-time molecular analyzers with parts-per-billion sensitivity and based on an all-optical technique called Cavity Ringdown Spectroscopy (CRDS). In this position, you will design both new products as well as any design work associated with existing product lines. We are seeking an individual who is comfortable and excited about working in a start-up environment, specifically with regard to working across traditional job boundaries.
- Design new, cost- and size-reduced CRDS analyzers
- Design ancillary equipment and peripherals (gas multiplexers, ovens, gas calibration equipment, etc.) which enhance the product’s capabilities
- Make continual improvements to our standard product lines which reduce cost, improve manufacturability, improve performance, and/or increase the reliability and robustness of our product
- Help transition designs from Engineering to Manufacturing
- Develop tooling and fixtures for manufacturing
- Develop test and assembly methods
- Generate BOMs and ECOs
- Minimum education is a B.S. in mechanical engineering or design
- Minimum 5+ years experience in mechanical design engineering
- Understanding of mechanical engineering best practices and knowledge of the product development process
- Opto-Mechanical experience (optical systems & tooling) strongly preferred
- Expert proficiency in a 3-D CAD design software package is required
- Experience in SolidWorks required
- Direct experience in advanced mechanical design and engineering, especially in instrument design, is a must
- Strong communications skills are essential, both written and oral
- Must possess the ability to work across functional boundaries and organizational levels inside the company in a start up environment
- FEA modeling, ergonomic / industrial design practices, fluid handling, and/or machine shop experience, are desirable.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Picarro - 17 months ago