Undertake challenging and progressive work for a respected firm on projects involving design, planning, and problem-solving in the mechanical engineering field. Project responsibilities will include completing equipment layout, mechanical design using CADD modeling software, and assistance with construction plans and specifications. These activities will be related to the design of process piping and pumping systems, industrial ventilation, industrial machinery and equipment, conveyor systems, and building systems. The work will be primarily related to industrial processing facilities, refineries, power plants, and other heavy industrial facilities.
NOTE: Must be able to work in locations that may feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and may also require entering and working within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and conditions typical of industrial facilities. An OSHA mandated physical exam may be required. Safety training will be provided.
- AA or AS degree in mechanical technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience working on projects directly related to job responsibilities described above at a consulting engineering or industrial workplace
- Computer skills including AutoCAD and other mechanical design software
- Basic mathematical and computer skills
- Flexible working style, self-initiative, self-motivation, and a willingness to work with teams to meet clients' needs and project schedules
- Conscientiousness concerning the accuracy, appropriateness, and timeliness of results
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- Experience in using and interpreting construction plans
- Experience in using 3D software to produce industrial processing unit designs
- Familiarity with computer software packages such as word processing, spreadsheet, and additional drafting packages
Barr Engineering Co. reserves the right to consider other legitimate, non-discriminatory factors, that are not specifically listed.
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Barr Engineering Company strives to make www.barr.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance with completing the application process, please call 952-832-2600, or toll free at 800-632-2277.
Barr is an EEO/AA firm.
Barr Engineering - 9 months ago
Barr provides engineering and environmental consulting services to clients across the Midwest, throughout the Americas, and around the...