We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Designer with some Structural experience to join our Designated Design Group. The successful candidate will work on various projects for municipal, industrial, and federal clients. Candidate would work directly with engineers on 2D and 3D mechanical designs for facilities primarily serving the water and wastewater industries. Projects include development of P&IDs, layout and selection of equipment, design of process piping and utility systems, development of 3D models, BIM models, 2D contract drawings and documents, field investigations, and support during construction. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative multi-discipline environment to develop competitive designs for new facilities, expansions, upgrades and retrofits.
- Use AutoCAD to design 3D mechanical systems on projects for municipal and private industrial clients.
- Prepare 3D layouts and perform final drafting tasks from simple instructions or conceptual information.
- Demonstrate skills with thorough knowledge of procedures, practices, and use of the Autodesk 2D and 3D software.
- Assist in mechanical design efforts for municipal projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants and pump stations. Tasks include design and drafting, coordinate workload with engineering staff, and interacting with the design team, client, subcontractors, and teaming partners.
- Work within company design standards and specifications, prepare mechanical designs in conjunction with other design disciplines.
- Review contractor construction submittals and assist in response to requests for information documents.
- Prepare related engineering calculations and cost estimates.
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in municipal and/or industrial piping and mechanical design required.
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD 2011 - 2013 & 3D piping program(s) required.
- REVIT experience a plus.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) software and systems a plus.
- Cost estimating/construction experience a plus.
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and verbally.
- Effective oral and written communication essential.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.