This position is responsible for creating and duplicating basic to moderately complex mechanical detail drawings of components, parts, and accessories.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
The position requirements are:
- Create mechanical assemblies and models via Inventor/Solid Works or similar software. Create assembly and detail drawings per company and customer specifications for the fabrication of dies, special machines, fixtures, motors, and/or other components.
- Provide engineering calculations and designs based upon accepted standards and priorities.
- Collaborate on and off-site with various departments, customers, vendors, and/or subcontractors to develop equipment/component specifications.
- Participate in design reviews with cross functional team participation to obtain design improvements, quality improvements, cost savings, and/or assembly improvements.
Please attach a resume and include a cover letter describing why you are qualified for this role based on the position requirements described above.
- Two years design/drafting experience.
- Experience in a machine shop or mechanical fabrication environment a plus.
- Experience working in a machine shop or similar field.
- Experience with Auto Cad and Drafting or Solid Works.
- Two years AutoCAD/Autodesk drawing experience.
- Three years 3D modeling software experience.
- One year experience with Inventor/Solid Works or similar software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong algebra, trigonometry, and analytical geometry skills.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend complex instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.